Sunday, May 22, 2011

Perhaps the Last Weekly Post????

Good Morning!

I have been up since 4:53 this morning with some fake out labor contractions--really strong Braxton Hicks. I have been having them for the last few days and they are getting stronger and stronger, but none of them are regular. Rather than lay in bed and wallow in my lonely, false labor, contracting agony I got up, checked email, made some coffee and looked up the local sunrise time...6:24 for Indianapolis, IN. I packed my lovely 6 ounces of liquid gold, AKA coffee, into my adorable travel mug, laced up my old running shoes (which are more made for waddling these days) and set out toward the East.


I was bound for two things this morning. One was to see the sunrise and two was to walk this kid out. Unfortunately, both were a bust, but I did get some great landscaping ideas and all the little songbirds were very lively this morning. The sunrise was just that, the sun coming up, no pinks or oranges painting the morning sky. I also only had one stop me in my footsteps little contraction, so it looks like the tiny person is going to be hanging out a little longer...not that I expected them to fall out on the sidewalk or anything (well, I kinda did).



I have a weekly Doctor appointment tomorrow, hopefully I am making some more progress. Last week I was 2cm dilated and 70% effaced, but all week I have been having stronger and stronger contractions. My doctor assures me that no contraction is a waste and each one gets me one step closer to the end, so I am curious to see if I am further along tomorrow. Cross your fingers for me.

Colie

No comments:

Post a Comment