Sunday, May 15, 2011

Drop It Like Its Hot

As my good friend Snoop Dogg says, Drop It Like Its Hot, and that is exactly what happened this week. The Little Monster is trying to make a break for it, is engaged and ready for take off (also known as "dropping"). I am able to breathe much easier, eat larger meals and my longtime sidekick, Heart Burn, and I are headed toward a breakup. I have no idea what I am going to do with all my free time now that I am not eating every 2 hours or running to the store for more Tums. Oh yeah, I will probably take care of a tiny person.


Shock Number One of this week is that the baby is the size of a small watermelon--are you kidding me, a watermelon? Here is a proportion picture for you, just in case you are having a hard time imagining something the size of a watermelon inside my belly.



Seriously?


Shock Number Two: The never ending patio portion of the Great Backyard Overhaul is complete. Sorry, it was raining so we didn't go out to take a completion picture, but you can see it in the background of the shocking watermelon picture. Now all we Matt has to do is dig through ridiculously hard soil laden with rocks in order to build my flower beds that will surround the patio, get rid of a thousand pounds of dirt and help me plant all my shrubbery and flowers. That shouldn't be too hard, I'm thinking like a day's worth of work. Ha.

Shock Number Three: Krum is lazy and always in the way. Not so much a shock, but definitely picture worthy.


Shock Number Four: The baby's room is done-zo, the hospital bag is packed and we have every item checked off our To Do Before The Baby Comes list. Yikes, is it really that close? I have been waiting 36 weeks to meet this tiny person and time has seemed to have dragged by, now all of a sudden it is hitting warp speed and I am headed directly to Panic City. Frazier, on the other hand, is completely oblivious to the fact that his whole life is about to change....



Have a good week!
Colie

No comments:

Post a Comment