Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to everyone who is celebrating the people who have helped create their lives.

Our Mother's Day

I unintentionally ruined Matt's Mother's Day surprise last night when we were coming home from Lowes (for the 10th time in one day...more on that in a minute). We had driven past the house a dozen times to and from Lowes and every time Matt effectively distracted me with something, but the very last trip on the very last corner as we rounded into home....I saw it.



I said "What the *bleep* is that growing up the side of our house? A huge weed?" He had the look of defeat on his face. He could have easily lied and made something up, I was NOT going into the backyard to investigate a giant weed...especially since we don't currently have steps to get my fat booty in and out of the house. Matt can tell an effective lie just about as well as I can resist chocolate (not well).

I am constantly lamenting over all the flowering trees and Matt bought me my very own for my first Mother-to-be Day. He also had a really sweet story about how we are planting right before the baby comes and we can watch both of them grow together. I am such a sucker for that mushy sentimental stuff!!

In other news this week

Matt and I chased down the Ice Cream Man just so I could get a Popsicle character with the bubble gum eyes. I really mean it, we stalked him out and chased him down. By the way, when did the ice cream man start playing a rap/techno version of the classic Ice Cream Man song? I was very unsettled, not that you can tell from this picture, cuz I look pretty happy with my Sponge Bob ice cream treat. And it's okay, go ahead and say it: "Daaaaaang, Girl, you done got HUGE!" I'm fully aware of this.


The patio remains a work in progress

This week consisted of many rainy evenings spent hauling, laying and leveling gravel all in effort to hopefully start (and finish) the pavers this weekend. Well, so much for wishful thinking, this project is by far way more labor intensive than anyone could have foreseen.

Matt is all consumed by this project as much as I am consumed with the need to clean, craft, decorate and wash baby clothes. We are both a mess and neither one of us is helping the other one get through this very difficult nesting phase of our lives.



Both of us can envision this impossible to obtain patio in our minds. It will be complete with flower beds on all three sides with walkways through them leading into the yard, there is going to be a beautiful round fire pit and a full summer of beer drinking and grilling out! Too bad the future is not now.

***Matt wants me to add that he has loaded and unloaded 235 pavers (35 lbs a piece) and 55 bags of sand (45 lbs a piece) all by himself.***  He thinks this is why it is not done already, coupled with all the rain we have gotten, he may be right.

Have a good week!
Colie

No comments:

Post a Comment