Monday, March 7, 2011

Too Much Wait/Weight

Hi

I have been feeling like such a bad mom lately because I have made zero physical progress on the nursery. In reality, it has been planned out on a design bored since I was about 13 weeks, it is just slow to take physical shape. This last week we ordered the fabric to make the bedding, Ol' Baby Williams is getting custom Great-Grandma made bedding, but it hasn't come in yet (waiting). Once the fabric gets here we can pick out a paint color for the walls and once the crib gets here I can put the bedding on it...but the fabric has to get here first. So we wait.  The crib is on back order until May...we wait again.

 I have also been scouring Craigslist for a antique dresser to use as a changing table, okay, not scouring, obsessively searching far and wide about 10x a day. I almost had to check myself into a clinic for OCD. It was bad... And so we waited for a dresser that was the right look, the right size and the right price.

Yesterday was our lucky day, however. I found a post for antique dresser that MUST BE GONE TODAY, **yaaaaa, no waiting** but it had no picture and no description. I wrote the person an email and asked for pictures and measurements, she sent a shotty picture in response, but my keen eye was attuned to the treasure that was before us! Matt gave her a sob story about how we are first time parents and on a tight budget and we just need a dresser for our baby. She fell for it Hook Line and Sinker. She took 30 bucks off the already ridiculously low price! He didn't win Inside Salesman of the Year for nothing. All the dresser needs is a good coating of furniture restoring polish and it will be good to go.



We have also been waiting to paint our master bathroom. We just haven't had to the time, we've been too busy sitting around waiting, its a full time job you know. Sherwin Williams had a sale on paint this weekend so we decided NOW is the time and we quit our job waiting. I'm good at picking a color swatch and Matt is awesome at picking the exact color we should use. We chose a beautiful shade called Reserved Khaki.

Sorry Ladies, this handyman is taken

 A Crisp and Clean Finnish
I have also been waiting to buy curtains for our bedroom, I just haven't wanted to spend the money on them. TJ Maxx HomeGoods had a sale and I got 4 curtains for 30 bucks, I couldn't pass that up! Only 3 windows are pictured here, I couldn't squeeze the 4th into the shot.


They really soften up the room
And now onto the Too Much Weight portion of the post. Coincidentally, last night I had an emotional breakdown about how large I am getting and today my OB Doc told me I am gaining too much weight. Nice. I think I solved the World Hunger Problem, Soy Burgers and Soy Milk for everyone. That's all I eat and I have gained 30 lbs. I do eat every 3 hours though, otherwise I get sick (yup, still get sick). So there you go, even healthy food in moderation, otherwise your doctor tells you you're fat--apparently, 11 lbs in one month is not a good thing.

This is what 30 lbs looks like

Hope everyone has a good week,
Colie
CEO of Waiting/Weighting Inc.

1 comment:

  1. Aw hang in there it'll all come together! The pics of the bathroom and bedroom look great though!

    ReplyDelete