Saturday, December 4, 2010

Updates at 13 weeks pregnant

13 weeks pregnant and I throw up about that many times a day! I treated the Zofran like gold, but still ran out before it was time for a refill and I think I have built up a tolerance to the Sea-Bands. I had my monthly appointment this past week and fired my OB/GYN. The Doctor came in and asked how I was feeling. I said, with tears in my eyes, that I feel miserable and that I throw up 8-11 times a day, but feel severely nauseous the rest of the time. Know what that jerk said to me? He said "well, this is what you wanted isn't it? You do want to be pregnant don't you? Eat some crackers or a rice cake!" I lost it. I am an emotional, sick, tired mess at this point and I broke down crying. He didn't acknowledge me, just had me lay back so he could find the baby's heartbeat. Which, by the way, he only let me hear 2 small woosh wooshes. Then walked out, no goodbye no "do you have any questions?" WHICH I HAD A WHOLE LIST! I didn't even know the appointment was over until an RN came in to take me to the checkout. It lasted approximately 60 seconds from start to finish. Needless to say, I went home and called a highly recommended Doctor and got an appointment for next week. A nurse also spent 25 minutes on the phone with me answering all my questions and called in a prescription for Tigan (another nausea medicine I alternate with the Zofran). Now that is the prenatal experience I am looking for!



Here I am at 13 weeks, looking all large and in charge. Notice the pants I am wearing, these are still my normal jeans, however, I am afraid to wash and dry them for fear I will never fit into them again. Thanks Ma, for sending the leggings that I will be living in for the next 6 months.

Till Next Time,
Colie

1 comment:

  1. we are so, so happy for you guys!! Colie another great/fantastic invention is the belly band. It keeps you in your regular pants longer...even if they aren't buttoned!!!

    ReplyDelete