Sunday, April 3, 2011

Amazing Friends

Hi

I have loved working at Riley from the second I stepped onto the unit and I have always thought my job as an PICU nurse was rewarding and fulfilling. Today I realized that the women I work with are without a doubt the most amazing, thoughtful and kind hearted friends I could ever be blessed with. I love being a nurse, but the people that I work with are the reason I truly LOVE my job.

My good friends Emily K., Lauren, Monica and Emily W. all worked very hard to throw me a baby shower and invited the whole unit. I knew this was a huge undertaking for them, but wasn't able to fully comprehend it until I arrived. These girls coordinated all the food, decorations, cake and prizes into one cohesive Yellow and Grey Baby Williams Theme. Everything was meticulously thought out and planned. Every event from the greeting, to games to food to gifts to goodbyes was seamless. I am so lucky to have them as my good friends and I hope they know how deep down grateful I am to them for caring enough to put the shower together for me.

There were so many girls that came to show their support for Matt, me and the Little Monster. Everyone was so thoughtful in their gift choices. I loved everything from the tiny washcloths to the big swing. It took everything I had not to cry when I was opening up gifts and I don't think I can blame it on hormones this time. I was really taken aback by how thoughtful and caring everyone was. Yes, I am crying now that I am writing this--I do blame that on the hormones though :)

This was the only picture from the shower that I took, I was so distracted by all the people and things to do. Emily K. took a lot more pictures with her super high-tech camera, I will post more when she sends them to me. But leave it to me to have taken only one picture and it is of cake. I have a one track mind--food.

It was Lemon and Orange flavored...OMG, YUM
Here is all of our baby loot scatterd in the living room. Its all so cute, I can't wait to put it to use on a real baby. Our baby! Haha, still not fully setting in yet.


If my day wasn't amazing enough as it was I came home to more surprises. Matt and Allen (Emily W.'s husband) built me a garden box. My plan for this summer is to grow a beginners garden in a raised bed. I hear it is easy, we will see. 



Oooo, but that's not all folks. Matt also started to paint the baby's room today, he had it 90% trimmed out by the time I got home from the Baby Shower. The color took us eons to pick out, but it is official now. The color of choice is called Online and it is the perfect shade of grey to even out all the whites and yellows in the room.


Looks like a 1 beer job....for now

Colie

No comments:

Post a Comment