Monday, November 8, 2010

My New Super Power

                                                   

I always wanted to be able to fly or become invisible on command. But no, my super power is Smell. I can smell Matt drinking V8 in the kitchen when I am upstairs in our bedroom (then I gag). Unfortunately, with this new amazing Super Power of sent, I hate many things I once loved. I can't stand the way our brand new, beautiful, wonderful home smells!! At first I thought it was the Pumpkin scented Plug-In, then I thought it was the cleaning solution we use, then I thought it was one of the dogs. Nope, it is the whole New House smell that I can't stand. I also hate the smell of all food, my bodywash and COFFEE (I didn't even know that was possible!!). Amazingly, I am able to smell every item in the fridge--when I am in the living room! The solution to this not so useful Super Power I have acquired is to breathe through my mouth at all times.

This weekend Matt thought I had super human strength and wanted me to lift, carry and maneuver a very large, very heavy sofa down into the basement. Some tears, a few dry heaves and a very short lived nap later...Matt decided to call his stronger, less pregnant brother over to help. 2 hours, 12 beers, 4 holes in the wall, removal of the basement door and window, 3 rips in the new sofa and a covering of pea gravel in the basement later the sofa remained on the main level and was returned the next day for in store credit. That thing was not fitting down into the basement.

Till Next Time,
Super Nose

No comments:

Post a Comment